Etsy Frontpage: Love Letters
By Davie & Chiyo
Posted on February 03 2011
Thanks to 4leafclover we have our first Etsy frontpage of 2011!
And as promised, we're giving away a clutch to celebrate. 4leafclover chose the oh so luxurious Tiered Rose Clutch in Creme Brulee:
A free clutch!?!?
Yes! For every treasury with a Davie & Chiyo clutch that makes it to the Etsy frontpage, we'll reward that Etsy-er with a Davie & Chiyo clutch of their choice. It really doesn't get any sweeter than that! So include us in as many treasuries as frequently as you'd like.
We also have a few tips to get you to that frontpage a little faster:
- Good photography is essential. Clear, well-lit and color-balanced photos with compelling compositions are more apt to garner clicks from shoppers.
- A consistent color palette can serve to tie the pieces together.
- Provide a range of price points
- Use alternates! When a Treasury List is promoted to the homepage, it includes the four hidden alternate items. On the homepage, items are removed when they sell and the alternate are moved up into view.
- Provide a varied collection of items. We rarely promote all-one-type-of-product Treasury Lists to the frontpage. That said, if you're using the Treasury Lists to promote your Team's art form, or you're just plain interested in only earrings, go for it! Not all Treasury Lists are made with the homepage in mind, and this is a good thing.
- Double check that everything is handmade or properly categorized as vintage or supplies.
- Double check that sellers you're featuring have good feedback.
- Themes and puns are a fun and creative way to organize a list.
- Give a boost to interesting items from new sellers or items with low views from the back pages of the categories.
- Make sure no artist is represented more then once on a given Treasury List. (We avoid featuring the same seller twice on a single homepage.)