By Megan Jenkins
Posted on September 14 2017
It's almost time! You brides- and grooms-to-be with autumn weddings planned—we are so jealous. The decoration, the changing leaves, the cool, brisk air—the romance is palpable, and we are so excited! This is the first of a few blog posts that we'll use to celebrate all of the beauty that comes along with autumn weddings, even though you're braving the chance of rain on your big day (though we have suggestions for that, too!).
Let's get started with everyone's favourite part of the wedding (save for you and your beau, of course): the cocktails.
- 4 ounces vodka
- ¼ cup cranberry juice
- ½ cup sparkling apple juice
- 2 ginger beers
- fresh cranberries for garnish
- Fill two large glasses with ice. Add the Vodka and cranberry juice. Add the sparkling apple juice and then fill the rest of the way with the ginger beer. Stir gently to combine and serve immediately.
Blood Orange Elderflower Gin Cocktail by the Little Epicurean
- 1 oz gin
- 3/4 oz St. Germain (elderflower liqueur)
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 2 1/2 oz ginger ale
- 1 oz blood orange juice
In a serving glass, combine gin, St. Germain, lime juice, and ginger ale. Top glass with ice. Slowly pour in blood orange juice. Garnish with blood orange slices and fresh lemon thyme sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Plum and Thyme Prosecco Smash by My Diary of Us
- 2 Plums
- 6 Thyme Sprigs
- Juice from one Lemon
- 4 Tbsp. Thyme Simple Syrup (1/2 Cup of Sugar, 1/2 Cup of Water, bring to a boil, remove from heat, add thyme sprigs, stir, and let cool. Chill until ready to use.)
- 1 Bottle of Prosecco or your favorite bubbly
- Peel and chop 2 plums.
- Muddle the plums with the thyme simple syrup and lemon juice until all of the plum juices have been released. (You can also muddle right in the glass if you prefer to have bits of fruit in your cocktail!)
- Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour over crushed ice evenly between two glasses.
- Top off with prosecco and garnish with extra plum slices and thyme sprigs.
- Serve immediately.
It's only noon but we're feeling cocktails with lunch! That plum and thyme prosecco smash sounds like the perfect bubbly complement to any fall day.
Feeling warm cocktails for your big day? We've got a post a-brewing for that, too! Stay tuned, and find more inspo on our Pinterest board!